Taking a look at recent market share for browsers provides some insight into who is winning and losing the wars. Firefox continues to build momentum, Safari is creeping upwards, and Internet Explorer is losing ground. I'd like to comment on the three with my ‘theories' of what is occurring.
- 在銷毀Netscape Navigator之後，IE真正成為了網絡的黃金標準。 該瀏覽器簡單，功能強大，並且預裝了所有Microsoft產品。 同樣，ActiveX的亮點很短，要求大多數人使用IE。 當其中一個瀏覽器支持網絡上的所有不同標準時，為什麼要使用多個瀏覽器？ 我本人是版本6的IE用戶。
- With Internet Explorer 7, the web design world was really holding its breath for a browser that they could design for that would react in accordance with the latest technologies of Cascading Style Sheets. Unfortunately, IE 7 disappointed. In reviewing the IE Blog, it really wasn't even on the radar until the browser was beta and the screams of anguish came from the web design industry. Some last minute development corrected some of the issues… but not enough to make the design world happy. Remember – many in the design world are operating on Macs… lacking Internet Explorer. But, unfortunately for them, their clients do use Internet Explorer.
- 但是，遺憾的是，使用Internet Explorer 7，Microsoft徹底改變了用戶與客戶端之間的交互。 對於像我這樣的技術愛好者來說，其中的一些變化是很酷的。 但是對於非典型用戶來說，無法簡單地在屏幕頂部導航會令人困惑和困惑。 他們開始看那裡還有什麼。 火狐瀏覽器。
- 模仿回到Navigator的常規瀏覽器功能，Firefox成為Internet Explorer的輕量級替代解決方案。 對於叛逆的微軟無政府主義者來說，Firefox成為一種激情，並開始向市場借錢。
- 其他功能（例如與其他技術集成的一流插件）對Firefox來說是一個巨大的福音。 他們繼續吸引開發人員和Web設計人員，因為Firefox具有強大的調試功能，級聯樣式表和第三方插件，使開發和集成變得更加容易。
- The market is changing as well. ActiveX is all but dead and Ajax is on the rise, lending itself to browsers like Firefox. There's technically no reason to use Internet Explorer at all these days. If IE can do it, Firefox can do it better. Windows Updates used to require the browser, but now they can be loaded and installed without it.
- Firefox hasn't abandoned it's usability and layout like Microsoft did with IE 7, making it easier for users to transition to Firefox from IE 6 simply and easily. It's elegant, swift, and seamless.
- With Mac's recent push into the home PC market… it's not the PC for Universities, Women and Children anymore. My new Mac runs OSX, Windows XP (with Parallels) and I can run every browser on the planet to design and develop to. With Safari preloaded, no doubt it's gaining share since Macs are gaining share. My prediction is that Safari will lose out to Firefox, though.
Microsoft must feel quite threatened – but it's really their own fault. They've eliminated any need for their own browser, alienated users, alienated designers, alienated developers, AND they are now allowing others to take them on in other verticals (mobile).
Internet Explorer is really simply self-destructing. I'm not sure where their customer focus is at all.
- 下載並安裝Firefox之後，轉到 附加組件 section and download to your heart's content. For anyone who does this, I would love you to use the browser for two weeks and then return to my site and let me know what you thought.
I've been a Microsoft guy for over a decade now, so I'm not a 猛擊者。 但是，我感到不得不介入並討論IE團隊真正陷入的戰略困境。