Here’s another email that I love to get, but usually don’t do anything with! This is the 印第安納波利斯市中心，驚人的新電子郵件.
我一直訂閱，因為我希望有一個新的設計出現-的信息 促進印第安納波利斯市中心 is all there, but the design makes the email unreadable and unusable. Here’s why:
- There’s no main link in the head information to the actual website for 印地市區公司 Maybe that’s an oversight, but I think it really needs it.
- The images in the header are tiny and useless – I can’t even make them out. My guess is that whomever designed the email has a much smaller resolution than I do so perhaps they look bigger. They’re taking up valuable space ‘above the fold’… the space that people actually 能夠 查看他們何時在客戶端中打開電子郵件。
- 左邊的第一段 IDI的話, is a poor title and uncompelling. Maybe folks don’t even know what an IDI is?
- The font size is tiny, unreadable, and has no paragraph breaks or bullets to allow my eyes to skim the content. As a result, I didn’t read it! The image was a great call out, though!
- The calendar events are probably the best thing about this email, but there’s no call to action on the events… provide me with a link to buy tickets and get more information on each event so I can go! I’m not going to see an event here and go try to search it on Google. I don’t have time for that!
- The content is smashed and squished into thin columns unnecessarily. People are on much larger monitors now with wider resolutions… move to an 800 to 1000 pixel wide format. Since your calendar is a right sidebar, the user won’t mind scrolling horizontally to reach the sidebar and then read it.
words and it’s
- 電子郵件至少需要有一個壓倒性的號召性用語。 您要我參觀城市市場嗎？ 買演唱會門票？ 給我一個獨特的號召性用語，而不是選擇40條。告訴我更多關於一件事情的知識，而不是所有其他會促使我去做的事情。
- Incorporate landing pages and excerpts if you’re worried about room. Write a short excerpt with a link to the ‘full story’ that brings me to a page with some breathing room and additional information.
- Where are the pictures of people? Not having smiling photos of people in this email makes me feel like I’m reading a brochure or news article. Photos of people enjoying these events and locations in downtown Indy will connect with me.
- 上週發生了什麼事？ 回顧一下您在電子郵件中推廣的活動或業務，以及讀者對他們度過的美好時光的評論，那該怎麼辦？ 個性化！
My point isn’t to slam this email. As I said, it’s packed with great information… perhaps too much! It’s evident that the folks that wrote the copy did their homework – it just needs better presentation so that readers can consume and act on it.